Pages

Peachy. Just Peachy.

It's the middle of summer here in Texas and that means that peaches are in season.  So the family and I went on a road trip to pick buy some.  Nope, we did not drive all the way to Georgia.  We proud Texans get our peaches from the Texas Hill Country.  Stonewall, Texas was our destination.  A very little itty bitty town just before Fredericksburg (also known for peaches).  My MIL (mother-in-law) lives there and she wanted her favorite grandson to spend a week with her.  So we offered to drop our boy off so we could make a couple of peach pit stops.  Get it?  Heehee. 
Our first stop was at Vogel's Orchard.

There I bought a box of peaches that had just been picked that morning.  I was told to let them sit out on my counter for a couple of days before eating.  Lemme tell you.  The smell in my kitchen is wonderful.  I just love coming home after work and sniffing up that delicious scent.  And I followed the kind lady's instructions.  I ate my first peach two days later and it was soooooo good. So, so good and sa-weet!
Just look at the beautiful peaches they had that day.



Our second stop was at Burg's Corner.  We spent more time here because they had so many goodies in their store and some delish samples.  They seem to have it all here such as various jams, sauces, salsas, dressings, cider, pickled items, nuts, bread, homemade ice creams, fruits and vegetables.  Here we bought a box of small peaches for $3 that were on the bargain shelf.  I was told they were "bargain" because they were ready to be eaten asap.  No prob for me and sold!  Anywho, here are some pics of what they have in their store besides peaches:

Jalapeño Stuffed Olives.  Oooh, fancy smanchy.

Peach Pecan Amaretto. One of the jams I sampled.
Oh-m-gee.  Loved it. Bought it.

My hubby grabbed one of these.
Raspberry Peach Chipotle Glaze.
He's gonna smother some pork ribs with this baby.
Mmmmmm....


A recipe book for all things peach.

So that was our little day trip.  From Austin to Stonewall and back.  It was a good day.  We are eating peaches everyday and I even made some smoothies out of them.  I'm going to attempt to make a peach cobbler.  A dessert I've never made.  I love to bake but this one makes me nervous.  Let's see how it goes.  Maybe I'll keep you posted.  :)

Ta-ta!

2 comments:

  1. Hi - I love peaches - especially in the summer. I never knew Texas had peaches!!! Yes, I always think of Georgia! Shame on me!

    I'm visiting from the blog hop - Nice to meet you!

    Am your NEWEST Follower, too!

    Enjoy those yummy peaches! Hmm, peach smoothies, peach on top of ice cream, peach pies, --- it goes on!

    Happy Monday-
    Linda
    beachside cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Yes, we have peaches and we're proud of them. I recommend you try some if you can. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments tickle me pink! Thank you for stopping by and browsing around these parts. :)

Snack Station {Halloween}

Hello, happy Friday and happy kickoff to Halloween weekend!  I know, I know I’m rarely on here but I finally got a light under my butt to p...