Pages

Goodbye, Summer ~ Hello, Fall

Good golly Miss Molly am I glad summer is over. Really, I never thought I would say that but the summer of 2011 took a mean beating on us Texans. No rain, not even when we washed our cars, triple digit heat day after day and certainly no backyard bbq gatherings unless there was a pool involved. Our town and state has suffered one of the worst droughts on record and we are all PRAYING for rain. Still.

Ah but the changing of the seasons was definitely a breath of fresh air for me and I began to think of the fall decorating and baking I have planned for the next couple of months. I always like to decorate for the season on the first official day and yesterday was that day. Well I forgot that my son had a Cub Scout meeting so after work I picked up the kids, served a quick dinner and we were off again. I did manage to hang a 'Welcome' sign with a friendly looking scarecrow. Aw, he's cute.

Last weekend I started my annual fall cleaning and I got in over my head just a lil bit. My mission was to clean out all closets and get rid of all things that are never used whether it be toys, books, kitchen gadgets, clothes, etc. Lemme tell ya, my house looked like a screen shot from one of those hoarder shows. It took me a whole week but I finally got eveything boxed up and is ready for donation.

Now I can decorate with help from my kiddos (and the hubs) and start working on those craft projects for Halloween. I am little girl excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments tickle me pink! Thank you for stopping by and browsing around these parts. :)

Snack Station {Halloween}

Hello, happy Friday and happy kickoff to Halloween weekend!  I know, I know I’m rarely on here but I finally got a light under my butt to p...