Pages

Save Thanksgiving!


source

Yes, let us save Thanksgiving.  After all, it is the holiday where we stop and says thanks for the blessings in our lives.  I am with Nordstrom, take it one holiday at a time.  Why the rush for Christmas already?  Actually that is a question that I asked back in August when I first saw the Christmas decorations on store shelves.  Really?

It irks me that Thanksgiving is pretty much skipped over and that most, if not all, autumn and Thanksgiving merchandise is already on clearance.  The only good thing about that is that you can get your turkey and fall leaf decor at a great price.  I mean, again, Thanksgiving is about being thankful for many reasons and retailers are telling us to ignore it and concentrate on Santa.  Oh that's another pet peeve of mine.  Retailers shove Christmas down your throat starting in late summer yet quickly shut'er down come December 26.  Wrong.  Christmas is not over until January 6th.  That is when I stop celebrating and then take my tree down on January 7th.

I know I am not the only that is irked and bother by this.  RespecttheBird on Twitter even started the appropriate hashtag #savethanksgiving.  The radio station 105.1 Jack FM out of Kansas has also started their own coalition.  Good for them! Really, I can't be the only one that feels this way.  Yes, I have started my Christmas shopping but not the decorating.  It is not time.  I am still enjoying my pumpkins, fall leaves and all things turkey decor and food.  I am saving Thanksgiving.  Who's with me?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments tickle me pink! Thank you for stopping by and browsing around these parts. :)

Snack Station {Halloween}

Hello, happy Friday and happy kickoff to Halloween weekend!  I know, I know I’m rarely on here but I finally got a light under my butt to p...