Pages

Kitchen Drawer Organization

Last night I finally got around to organizing one of my kitchen drawers.  It has never been organized, we just toss utensils in there.  Okay I really didn't toss them, the hubs did but I really tried to line them up and make them look organized.  Nope that never worked.  The eating utensils were the only ones that had a home but even that compartment was squeezed down because the other utensils took up so much space and the expandable compartment was never fully used.

Well hallelujah look at the before and after:

Thanks to my 20% coupons from Bed, Bath and Beyond I bought three bamboo drawer organizers to complete this long overdue project.  All of these drawers are made from bamboo and the three on the left are from BBB and the one on the right with the eating utensils is from Wal-Mart.

Before organizing I emptied out the entire drawer, vacuumed it and cleaned it off with combination solution of vinegar, lemon juice and water.  Yep, I had to bust out the vacuum because there were crumbs towards the back of the drawer.  What the...?  I also gave all the utensils a quick wash and rinse in the sink.  I felt the need to do that since I vacuumed.



After it was all said and done I carefully thought about where each utensil was going to live. I have everything where I want it and because I am the queen of my kitchen it all makes sense to me.  :)


Now I'm on to the next organizing project.  I'm about to be on a roll!  Happy Saturday, y'all.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments tickle me pink! Thank you for stopping by and browsing around these parts. :)

Snack Station {Halloween}

Hello, happy Friday and happy kickoff to Halloween weekend!  I know, I know I’m rarely on here but I finally got a light under my butt to p...