Pages

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes {Recipe}


Hola!  As in “hi” not holla.  But hey why not? Holla!  Okay, okay today I wanted to share with you guys a cupcake recipe that I made last night for a bake sale today at my work.  We are raising money for charity and everyone was asked to bring home baked goods.  Being that we are in fall y’all, I went with a seasonal favorite: pumpkin!
 


I found this recipe on one of my favorite cooking websites, www.allrecipes.com and I followed the recipe to a T except for the frosting.  You can view the full recipe here or just see below.   

Cupcakes:

·         1 (18.25 ounce) pkg yellow cake mix with pudding

·         1 tsp. ground cinnamon

·         1 tsp. ground cloves

·         1 tsp. ground nutmeg

·         ¼ cup vegetable or canola oil

·         2 eggs

·         1 tsp. vanilla

·         1 15oz can pumpkin puree

Mix all of the dry ingredients with a spatula, and then add the wet ingredients mix well with an electric mixer.  Once almost incorporated add in the pumpkin and continue to mix until done. Spoon batter into cupcake pans (spray pan or insert liners) filling each cup 2/3 full.  For me, this recipe made exactly 18 cupcakes.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes (mine were done at 21 minutes).

Frosting:

I made my own version of cream cheese frosting which I’m sure is the same as many other people make it.  The recipe for this frosting varies so it’s basically to the baker’s liking, right?

·         8oz cream cheese, room temperature

·         1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature

·         16oz confectioner’s sugar

·         1 tsp. vanilla extract

·         2-3 tsp. ground cinnamon (for these cupcakes)

With a mixer (on low) combine the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until almost well mixed.  Continue to mix as you slowly add in the cinnamon and confectioner’s sugar.  Once done I use a spatula to give it a few hand mixes to make sure it is all incorporated.  After that you are ready to frost your cupcakes!  I use my easy accent decorator from The Pampered Chef.  It makes the presentation a whole lot prettier.

Personally, I let at least one hour of cooling time pass before I frost or I do it the next morning. 
Voila!  You have some yummy cupcakes to pass out at your Halloween parties or Thanksgiving dinner.  Holla! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments tickle me pink! Thank you for stopping by and browsing around these parts. :)

Snack Station {Halloween}

Hello, happy Friday and happy kickoff to Halloween weekend!  I know, I know I’m rarely on here but I finally got a light under my butt to p...