Pages

(Cheap) Bathroom Organization

Hey people!  How's your summer thus far?  Here in Texas we surprisingly have not been three digit heat that much (well compared to last year).  We've even had a little rain here and there.  One of the days that I was holed up in my house in the cool A/C I got down to organizing my kids bathroom.  Well it's a guest bathroom too.  Anywho, the clutter and mess has slowly evolved over time and I had just about had it.  My kids were not too crazy about it either.  So I got down to work and within a half hour it was oh so much better. 






And like I said it only took 30 minutes or so yet it was an eye sore for so long.  Ay ya yay I tell you.  It was a super cheap project too.  I spent about $12 or so.  (Some of what I spent here I also used in my master bath but later on that project).

Let's take a look at the right side.  The two white stacking bins in the back I got from Wal-Mart.  They came in a pack of 3 for $4.97.  The two red oval bins I got at Dollar Tree and those were 2/$1. 


Here is a center view (sort of).  At the very back underneath the white pipe I have my cleaning supplies in a green stacking bin that I got at Dollar General ($1).  It was the perfect fit in that spot and the right size for my cleaning items.  In front of that green bin I have my disinfecting wipes and then there is a small white oval basket that I also got from Dollar Tree at 2/$1.


There is not much going on the left side except for our package of toilet paper and some not so hidden plastic bags from the grocery store. I don't think it is necessary to take the toilet paper out from the packaging and put it in a basket all nice and pretty.  Besides I feel better if the toilet paper stays covered in it's original packaging.  I mean it's going on your bum so let's keep it free of dust and stuff, right?  Also, the plastic bags are for the trash can.  In the picture they look crowded but there are only four bags there and I "refill" once all four have been used.  Confession: notice that Ruffles package on the right?  Well those trash bags are for when we have company.  Yep, we fancy up for guests.  :) 


You can't tell by looking at the pics but I also used this shelf liner.  I got it from Wal-Mart for $5.88.  Only part of the roll was used in this bathroom.  The rest was used in the master bath.

shelf liner

And here is another final look.  As you can see I didn't lable anything because it's pretty self explanatory.  I love my label maker but I don't think the obvious has to be labeled.  The kids now have any easier time reaching for what they need and I like that the red bins give it a pop and grabs their attention. 


Yay for organization!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! Organization is a good thing and it saves money too. You can see what you have and not over buy on supplies. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girlie! I actually thought of you as I was doing all of this. It's Sabrina approved. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Debbie! Your sink area looks great. Isn't that the truth that something can be bothersome for a while and then when you actually take time to fix it, it doesn't take that long. I often wonder why I don't just stop procrastinating and "just do it". Your organizational project has inspired me!

    ReplyDelete

Comments tickle me pink! Thank you for stopping by and browsing around these parts. :)

Snack Station {Halloween}

Hello, happy Friday and happy kickoff to Halloween weekend!  I know, I know I’m rarely on here but I finally got a light under my butt to p...